It makes no difference whether you are a beginning cook or an experienced hostess, you still cannot keep all the recipes in your head. Moreover, having found a suitable recipe for a dish, it is not always clear in what sequence to put the necessary ingredients, how to cut them correctly and in what form is best served.
Also, hardly anyone will refuse a portion of useful culinary tips and secrets that will open the eyes to many things. This post contains 13 culinary lifehacks that will help you to feel like a real pro in the kitchen.
How to remove the bitterness from the eggplant
1. Wash the eggplants first.
2. Cut into slices with a thickness of 4-5 mm or as required by the method of further preparation.
3. Fold the eggplants in a bowl, sprinkle liberally with coarse salt and leave for 10-15 minutes. Salt will pull bitterness out of eggplants.
4. Rinse the eggplants and place on a paper towel. Vegetables are ready for further processing.
How to free chili from seeds
1. You will need: chili pepper, a small bowl, a knife.
2. Roll the pepper between your palms so that the seeds are separated from the septum.
3. Cut off the top of the pepper and tap the pepper on the edge of the bowl to get rid of the seeds.
4. Slice the peppers as prescribed in a recipe — into rings, straws, or cubes.
How to remove the skin from baked pepper
1. You will need: Bulgarian pepper, plastic bag.
2. Put pepper on the fork and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 250 ° C.
3. Put the baked pepper in a plastic bag, tie and leave for 15 minutes.
4. Take the pepper out of the bag and remove the skin by hand.
How to quickly cook beets
1. You will need: medium-sized beets and ice.
2. Dip the beets in boiling water - the water should be 8-10 cm higher than the vegetable. Boil the beets for 35-40 minutes in boiling water without covering the lid.
3. Throw the beets in a bowl of ice water and leave for 15 minutes. A sharp temperature difference will bring the beets to readiness.
4. Cut the beets as required by prescription. And the task is completed, and time is saved.
How to quickly and easily chop the onion
1. This way you can cut any onions - red, white, bulb, shallot.
2. Peel the onion, cut off the bottom, but save the tail. Cut the onion in half.
3. Holding the bulb by the tail, make longitudinal cuts, not reaching the tail, so that the bow does not break up into petals.
4. Then chop the onion into cubes of the desired size.
How to squeeze the maximum juice from lemon
1. Take a stewpan, pour in there so much water that the lemon is completely covered with water. Heat the water to a temperature of 40-50 degrees and immerse in the water pre-washed lemon for a couple of minutes. Heated lemon will be much better to give your juice, as the skin will become softer.
2. A heated lemon should be rolled a couple of times on the table. So, more granules inside the lemon will burst and give up their juice.
3. After that, cut the lemon lengthwise, with the result that you get three times more juice. A larger surface exposes more pulp. The juice may be in a dense layer of pulp, but if the pulp is visible in its entirety, then the loss of juice will be less.
4. Squeeze the juice not with a spoon, but with a fork! Insert the fork teeth into the pulp and squeeze out the lemon juice. Turn and squeeze until the juice stops flowing, and repeat this procedure with the other half. The pressure and sharp teeth of the fork help pierce the membrane, resulting in more fluid flowing out.
How to remove excess salt from the dish
1. You will need: 1/2 cup of rice and gauze.
2. Put the rice in gauze and tie it on the knot.
3. Dip a bag of rice in a pot of salted broth or soup for 15-20 minutes. Razvaryvayas rice absorbs excess salt.
4. Remove the cheesecloth with rice from the pan. The fact that the soup was a little salty, only you will know.
How to quickly peel the ginger
1. You will need: ginger, a teaspoon, a knife.
2. Cut off excess branches at the root.
3. Place the ginger perpendicular to the board and scrape the top layer of the rind with a spoon.
4. Slice the ginger as you need.
How to cook crumbly rice
Keep in mind: this advice applies primarily to the varieties of jasmine and basmati.
1. You will need: 1 cup of rice, 2 glasses of warm water or boiling water, a pinch of salt, a fork.
2. Put the washed rice in a saucepan, cover with warm water, add salt. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes.
3. If there were holes in the rice, you did everything right: the rice turned out crumbly.
4. To consolidate success, loosen the prepared rice with a fork, without letting the grains stick together, and serve. If desired, you can add a piece of butter and garlic cloves to the finished rice.
How to easily clean the pumpkin
1. Pumpkin pre-wash and dry. If the pumpkin is large, cut it into large pieces.
2. Make several cuts or pierce the skin of the pumpkin with a fork in several places. Put the pumpkin in the microwave for 2-3 minutes at maximum power. Instead of a microwave, you can use the oven. Just make cuts on the pumpkin and send to the oven heated to 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
3. After heat exposure, the pumpkin is easily cleaned with a knife or vegetable peeler.
4. Cut the peeled pumpkin as necessary for further preparation. From it you can make a cream soup, main course, side dish and even dessert.
How to cook an omelet in a mug
1. You will need: a mug, 1-2 eggs (depending on the size of the mug and your appetite) 2-4 tbsp. l milk, salt, pepper, butter or vegetable oil, toppings to taste: cheese, ham, tomatoes, bread crumb, greens.
2. Lubricate the walls of the cup with oil. Put the egg, pour the milk, salt, pepper and beat with a fork.
3. Add diced toppings, mix.
4. Cook the omelet in the microwave for 1.5-2.5 minutes. Time depends on the power of your stove. Decorate the omelette with greens.
How to pickle red fish
1. Cut a piece of fillet from the middle of the fish. Do not remove the skin.
2. Culinary tweezers remove all bones.
3. Sprinkle the fish 2 tbsp. l coarse salt, 1 tbsp. l sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Rub spices into fillets. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
4. Wrap the fish in a dry clean cotton cloth and leave for a day at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator for a day.
Serve as a snack or as an ingredient in a salad or sandwich.
How to choose meat for different cooking methods
Thick edge (dorsal cut) is well suited for frying steaks in a grill pan. This part has a very small load, and because the meat is much softer here, with a lot of low-melting fat, which makes it juicy when cooked.
Pulp thighs are best used for baking. It is quite fibrous and requires long-term heat treatment. Good for cooking roast beef.
The drumstick and brisket are suitable for boiling and stewing. This meat has a lot of fiber, so it is better to stew or boil it for a long time. The broth from these pieces turns out the most saturated.
Spatula or tenderloin are well suited for fast roasting, for example, using the stir-fry method, since it is a tender meat with a very low fiber content.